Prev: Re:Planetary insurgencies..was Planetary defenses Next: Re: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space

Newbie question

From: "Andy Akins" <igor@a...>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:23:08 -0500
Subject: Newbie question

I'm new to Full Thrust, and so I apologize for the simplicity of this
question. But I searched for an FAQ and/or errata, and found none...

I'm writing (like many of you have) a spreadsheet program to build ships
using the system in the Fleet Book. Once I made it, I decided to test
it,
using the example ship given in the design section. I come up short on
one
item: the example gives the Screen-1 mass as being 5, whereas I figure
it to
be four.

Ship mass 85
Screen-1 = greater of 3 or %5 of Mass, which is 4.25, rounded to 4

Are screens inherently rounded up? Is my math off? Am I missing
something?
Is this a typo?

It's trivial, I suppose, but I want to make sure I'm doing it right.

Thanks!

Side Note: I've loved Full Thrust so far, so I'm beginning to cast my
eyes
at Dirtside and Stargrunt. I have played other games, and I was
wondering if
anyone her could email me a decent evaluation of the games (why are they
good, why are they not-so-good, etc...). Feel free to compare to the
"other"
miniatures game out there, 40K and Epic (which I'm not real fond of, and
would love to get a replacement).

| Andrew Akins							       |
| Home: igor@ames.net - http://www.ames.net/igor/ - AOL IM: Iowa Akins |
| Work: andya@cms-gt.com - http://www.cms-gt.com/ - AOL IM: CMS AndyA  |
| IMTU: tc++(**) ru+ ge 3i+ jt- au+ ls+ kk+ hi+ as+ va+ dr+ so+ zh+    |
| Geek: GCS d- s+:+ a- C++ W++ w+++(-)$ PS+ PE t- 5++ X+ R+++ tv+      |

Prev: Re:Planetary insurgencies..was Planetary defenses Next: Re: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space