Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space

Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 23:20:54 -0400
Subject: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Note that the supersonic laydown attack used by attack jets (or the
> popup) can mean you don't see the jet till you are dead (if you are
> in constricted terrain). Of course, that might hurt his targeting
> too.

Another reason jets stay out of small arms range is because that's low
enough
for them to be damaged bytheir own ordanace.

>I'm wondering if armour 2 VTOLs in the GZG world are actually
>vulnerable to things like small arms?

There's also the possibility that small arms will become more lethal,
especially infantry heavy weapons. A real high tech infantry solution
would
see the platoon or company commander drawing a kill zone in the sky
right in
the path of the coming aircraft and teach trooper's hud lighting up the
exact
lapce to shoot. Sort of like Starfire datalink.

Los

Prev: Re: (OT) Rules "inspiration" (was [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space