Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space Next: Re: [FT] Ice-breakers in space

Re: Imperium/Full Thrust Campaign game (long)

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 21:16:50 -0500
Subject: Re: Imperium/Full Thrust Campaign game (long)

At 11:58 PM 9/29/98 -0500, D. Evans (The_Beast) wrote:
>Bravo! Absolutely first rate, shaming me for my own lack of
>literary output.

Thanks!  Glad you liked it.

>I nearly wept at the frustration of not being able to click on
>the web sites you put in your note, but I can't do mail AND web
>from home (long boring story).

Sorry to hear it.  I hope you do get to look at it later.  And keep
checking, too.	I'm constantly dumping new stuff into that folder.

>From your closing comments, may I assume you are moving to try
>miniatures, say, DSII for resolving 'groppo' combat? Have you
>looked into using other board games? Now that I am part of an
>active FT group, with apparent interest in campaigns, I'm looking
>to dust off my ideas of planetary combat using MB's Fortress
>America.

How ironic!  We've been discussing the possibility of using either
Fortress
America's or Axis & Allies' combat system for our planetary invasions.
tend to favor a modified A&A system (but Fortress America pieces)
because
the D6 seems to go better with Full Thrust and since it already has a
tried
and true economics system which we can easily integrate.  And the combat
odds aren't all that different for the most part.

As far as DS2, it's not very popular with the local crowd.  We did play
homebrew set of rules based loosely on Command Decision the week before
with an eye toward integrating it into the campaign, but by and large,
what
we really need is something more in line with the  A&A/FA level of
complexity so that we can integrate it into a Full Thrust game on a turn
by
turn basis.

I have a 12" globe painted up that I wamt to use in a big planetary
assault
game.  Ideally, I want to set it up so that the troops are trying to
land
and silence the guns before they can wax the fleet and the fleet is
coming
in to provide fire support so that their troops don't get overwhelmed by
the defenders.

>However you go, I certainly am looking forward to more riveting TNS
>reports!

Thanks again.  With such encouragement, I'll be sure to do so.

Jeff

Prev: Re: [OT] Re: Human aggression in space Next: Re: [FT] Ice-breakers in space