Prev: RE: Planetary defenses Next: [OT] Destroy All Monsters!

RE: Splitting the Mailing List Suggestion

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:27:39 +1000 (EST)

At 10:11 PM 9/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I've got to vote a big negative on the idea of splitting the list.  The
GZG
>games are too closely related, and a lot of discussion of one will
>spillover to the other.  The wandering of focus is the nature of such a

>list.	IIRC, a while ago the list was almost nothing but FT.  It will
be so
>again.

I have to agree with you, Noah.  The name of the list, FTGZG, is
misleading
and yet it explains it all at the same time.  Most people see the FT bit
and think its simply a Full Thrust list (which is what most people call
it
too).  But the full name of Full Thrust Ground Zero Games list says it
all
for me.  Sure the list started out for people who wanted to talk about
Full
Thrust, but since GZG has produced other quality games, it makes sense
that
people come to the FTGZG list to talk about them (also the fact that
there
is nowhere else to talk about them).  No, please don't split the list.

-Kelvin....

   "And how do you suppose we stop them?
      Get a big red sign with the word
	    STOP written on it?"

Prev: RE: Planetary defenses Next: [OT] Destroy All Monsters!