Prev: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. Next: Re: Multi-table scanarios

Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf3. (And wide ranging post scripts)

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 07:17:26 -0500
Subject: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf3. (And wide ranging post scripts)

Jon the wise and good said:

Does it really take this long for GW to get WD issues to the States?
This
issue was out about 5 weeks ago over here...

Jon (GZG)

***As I said before, there's supposed to be about a half month delay;
I've
been hearing about the new WD for a couple of weeks. I gather much of
the
of the mag is shipped to the US, I always assumed electronically, then
finished off with 'merican ads, phone #'s, what have you.

I don't pick up WD every month, but it does seem like there's a longer
'dry
spell' between issues on occasion. Wouldn't doubt that it gets to be as
much as 5 wks late here.

Other hand, could merely be subjective: this was the first issue I've
actually waited for for long time.

SUBJECT CHANGE:

Gave the new ship game a quick glance before nipping off to bed. I did
notice the four firing arcs did seem to match Man O' War, at least. Or
FTII, for that matter. ;->= Turning was all 45 and 90 degrees. No
subtlety
there.

So far, only of interest to us die hard, try anything with the promise
of
ships burning in the silent ether, ship game collectors .

The_Beast

PS Did I mention that my fleet in MoW was Norse, and BEAT a Skaven
fleet?!?! Helped that an entire squadron of Doomburners fell to their
own
dice rolls on shooting attempts. If there's ever a space Skaven, their
ships will have LOUSY Leaderships stats. ;->=

PPS FF2.5 is making quite the revival of FT here, wwithin the last
month.
I've seen two eight player games (got to the shop too late to join), and
brought my small ESU taskforce to the aid of two larger FSE fleets
trying
to stop a group of NAC heavies. We foolishly clustered our big salvo
cloud
in the center; he foolishly thought we'd be smart and spread them out.
Even
from our side, it looked ugly.

Prev: Re: OT: New Battlefleet Gothic in White Dwarf. Next: Re: Multi-table scanarios