Prev: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them? Next: Re: Planetary defenses

RE: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

From: Noah Doyle <nvdoyle@m...>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 00:47:52 -0500
Subject: RE: What Figures are people using for SGII how are you painting them?

	I paint my ESU troops in a standard Howard Hues (brand name)
Soviet Green,
with dark leather details.  It's that obnoxious not-quite-Olive-drab the

Soviets have used forever.  Camo would be perfectly acceptable, but in
my
world, this unit is a veteran colonial garrison unit - on the far edge
of
the supply train, so stuff like nice uniforms are pretty hard to come
by.
 NAC is being done as as extension of USMC units - cammo all over, incl.

helmet.  NSL - I have no idea, yet.  They keep saying 'Feldgrau!
 Feldgrau!'  but I've painted so much gray stuff lately.  A friend of
mine
did some of his in a Martian Red, with gold metallic visors - looked
sharp!
 But it was a little cheesy on a standard green cloth-table.  I kept
wanting to say "hey, who brought the Blood Angels?" - aforementioned
friend
*really* doesn't like GW.  PAU & IF are being painted up as militia
'attachments' to the ESU troops.  Similar uniforms, but less stuff.  I
have
no FSE, but a really good Osprey reference on the French Foreign Legion
was
published recently - I'd go to that.  PA is still up in the air - ESU
will
most likely have a drab green with drab grey lozenge/stripe cammo.
	Basing:  1" metal washers glued to the base, built up with some
spackle,
dried, painted, flocked.  Looks good, a bit of work.
	As for other figs, I got lucky & found 3 box sets of the
Battletech 25mm
minis and a handful of blister packs.  The blister assortments formed a
mediocre merc platoon (similar uniforms, but not by much).  The boxes (2

Steiner Laser Rifle platoons, 1 Kurita conventional Assault Rifle
platoon)
are as yet unpainted.  The Steiners with their slim, high-tech weapons
may
end up being FSE attachments to my ESU force (reinforced Company &
growing), and the Kuritans with the boxy rifles and grenade launchers
will
be some sort of colonial militia, stiffened by the NAC light platoon -
opposition for the ESU.

Noah