Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 15:57:25 +0200
Subject: SV: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

John Atkinson wrote:

> >9mm ain't that bad. But, as far as I know, criminals can and do use
> >eveything from zipguns to big 'ol assault rifles. When dealing with
>
> Myth.  Ever checked the percentages of crime which is actually carried

> out with assault rifles?

The *percentage* is pretty irrelevant IMO - the actual numbers are.
There
have been at least three bank robberies in the Stockholm area where the
criminals used assault guns so far this year; there was an... incident
some years back when a madman took an AK-4 and fired straight into a
queue waiting to get into a night club some years back, the MC gangs in
the south of Sweden seem to favour AT-4 anti-tank weapons or SMGs, but
have used assault guns as well, and so on.

Don't try telling me those crimes are myths. Criminals, at least in
Sweden, *do* use anything from zipguns to assault rifles and anti-tank
weapons. Of course these crimes make up a very small percentage of the
*total* criminality, when there's one heavily-armed incident every
two-three months or so and a few thousand minor crimes a day, but that
doesn't make the bad ones a "myth".

> It's either that or give them an assault rifle.  Which cannot be
> carried in an inconspicious manner.  Most police calls which involve
> violence are domestic disputes between married couples.  Walking into
> that emotional minefield with an assault rifle will NOT do anything to

> calm down the situation, which is a police officer's first priority in

> almost all cases.  When "Push comes to shove" then additional
firepower

> can be brought in.

This is very true. When the push comes to shove, the chances are
unfortunately rather small that the police will have time enough to
bring
the heavy stuff in in time to stop it - MC gangs are pretty mobile,
like.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [MISC] [OT] Bring and Battle Next: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity