Prev: Re: Systems Question Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 21:09:04 +1000
Subject: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

George,Eugene M wrote:

> Not myth in North Hollywood, IIRC it took LAPD more than a few minutes
> get  enough firepower and men to stop a squad of poorly trained, well
> equipped losers. My point is, in a SG2 scenario your average squad of
LAPD
> would be very underpowered compared to criminals who are ready to rock
and
> roll. So maybe at the end of the third or fourth turn of play, the
'Good
> Guys' get some SWAT-Types with body armor and assault rifles to assist
units
> with 9mm's and 12ga. shotguns, maybe the bulls have flak vests and
helmets
> in the trunk, maybe SMGs (especially in a cyber-punky future).

I wonder how many Non-Australians are familiar with Ned Kelly? Sort of
the Oz equivt of Jesse James - or for that matter, Vladimir Ilyich
Ulyanov.

Look him up. You might be interested to see for how long Crims have had
a) Body Armour and b) Superior Firepower.

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Systems Question Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.