Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity

Re: Systems Question

From: "Alex Shvarts, Andrew & Brian Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 1998 22:36:33 +1200
Subject: Re: Systems Question

Christopher K. Smith <smithck@mindspring.com> wrote:
>Well I am getting near to finishing my little vehicle construction
program...
    That's great!

>1)	When you determine the cost for Backup Systems are Counter
>	 Battery Radar and a Command/Control Centre considered
>	 vehicle systems? (like FCS,ECM, Stealth, and Guidance)  So
>	 far I am not considering the CBR and CinC in the calculation.
    No. The Backup Systems cost should really only apply to direct fire
weaponry (fire control and RFAC, HVC, HKP, MDC, HEL, DFFG and SLAM).
After
all, if you get a "Firer Systems Down" chit when drawing chits for
damage
this means that the shot had no effect on the target and the firer can't
perform any more firing until the problem is fixed. This isn't very
clear in
the DSII book.

>2)    Are Interface and Droop Troop costs determined for all the
>	 vehicles in an attack group?  Or, do you determine the cost
>	 for each individual vehicle.  The use of, TOTAL POINTS COST
>	 of each element, has me a little confused.
    If you're designing one vehicle/element, apply the cost to the
vehicle
and round up. Then the cost for a unit is automatic applied.
    The Interface and Drop Troop cost is a modifier applied after the
vehicles/elements are designed to allow for these added capabilities. So
you
predesign the vehicles/elements and put them in a catalog. If you're
going
to interface land the catalog vehicles, the points cost goes up.

>Any help is appreciated.
    Ok. Hope this helps!

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: Re: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availabi lity