Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: RE: [FT universe]

Re: [FT universe]

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 22:08:24 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [FT universe]

You wrote:

>I'm intrigued as to how the ESU would differ from the NAC if we
eliminate >old communist economic  policies from the equation.	Do the
secret police >hold sway? Freedoms are more restricted?  The NAC being
a more class >oriented soceity has it devolved back to the old ideal of
an aristocracy >and their cronies running things?

Depends.  If they pay lip service to Marxism in any way, then they are
convinced they have a historic destiny to conquer the entire human
race.  And while today we see a blossoming of economic liberty in
certain carefully restricted areas (both by industry and geographical
area), we are still not seeing private land ownership, privatization of
heavy industry, removal of certain price controls, or any polical
liberalization in any way.  They still use rebuilt T-55s as riot
control vehicles and throw students in prision for making speeches.
They still consider torture to be a normal way of collecting evidence
of various crimes.  They still engage in slave labor.  At least they've
given up cannibalism.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2. Next: RE: [FT universe]