Prev: Re: [Rules/OT] Shockforce? Next: Re: PA availability, was: [semi OT] Women wargamers

RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 15:50:02 -0700
Subject: RE: [SG2] You'll never take me alive, coppers:Was RE: PA availab

Yeah, guess I forgot about the US Army MP's.... Again the ability to
have
short or no supply lines is handy. You can drive to the scene of the
riot or
shoot out, finish your doughnut and not hump umpteen million miles just
get shot at. So individual RCMP detachments are doled out weapons
according
to need/ budget/ mission/ status rather than by some overweaning
master-plan. Interesting. Well it's not much of an effort to change
Royal
Canadian to Royal COLONIAL so maybe that's a good starting point for
NAC's
law enforcement arm. I imagine some RCMP detachments have to cover a
bazillion square miles (hectares?) in some of the more remote areas of
Canada, much like some theoretical frontier worlds. Sargeant Preston of
Alpha Centauri? and his glort Centauri King!?

May