Prev: WWW Site for Mailing List Archives (was Re: Digest) Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers

[Background] Islamic Fed/Caliphate

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:41:32 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: [Background] Islamic Fed/Caliphate

I've almost finished up on the NRE stuff on my home page, and I'm
considering adding an OPFOR section in which I can discuss Islamic
Federation.  I was wondering if anyone had anything up about them on
the Web other than the one page I've seen with discussion of Infantry
batallion organizations (same guy who has the OUDF orgs, IIRC).  As
near as I can figure it is built up from the the RSLF/SANG and the
Egyptian Army, and so likely maintains a mix of those two traditions.
I'll be throwing in some inspiration from the Abassyid Caliphate and so
forth.	Any other input is cetaintly welcome--people who play IF,
people who've worked with Arab militaries (and the IF is certaintly
Arab-dominated, if now rather nastily military/religious-ruled rather
than a monarchy), etc. please drop me a private e-mail (esp regarding
speculation on how I should rate them experience-wise).  I'm also
trying to decide how good their tech should be--current practice would
seem to indicate a hodge-podge mix of ESU stuff that's been out-of-date
for 2-4 decades.  It seems the IF rather quickly terminated the
(current) warm relations between the House of Saud and the West, and
things only get worse when the religious fruitcakes take over.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: WWW Site for Mailing List Archives (was Re: Digest) Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers