Prev: Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps Next: How to handle Resin

Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

From: Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@m...>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:29:04 -0500
Subject: Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

>>... I want to keep the asteroids from flying off the table.
>>I was thinking of having ships and asteroids "bounce" off of
>>the edge of the table but I'm not sure of how to handle the
>>vectors without slowing game play down.

>>Anyone have any suggestions on implementing the above?  Any
>>comments welcome...

>In this format you can easily cheat to keep the asteroids
>on the table.

Or you could have new ones entering at random from the table edges every
turn.

Silly as it sounds at first, its actually not a half bad idea.
Especially
if introducing new players.  Many people "get" vector movement once you
mention it in the context of Asteroids.

Jeff

Prev: Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps Next: How to handle Resin