Prev: Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone? Next: Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps

Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:42:18 -0700
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

Niall Gilsenan wrote:
...Snip...JTL
> Just on the topic of women soldiers etc, I believe the Russians in WW2
had
> a few fighter aces who were women.

XXX   It has been years since this came up, but I think the top woman
ace had 17 (of was it 13) kills.   JTL
XXX
> The Iranians also had a womens division (? not certain about unit size
> here) during the Iran/Iraq war I believe.
XXX
     As I understand the situation, the women had multiple duties as
shepherds, minefield clearence (the ones the sheep didn't find, Using
big rocks), and cooks ( using whatever they could pick up during the
other duties), In that order. (Or was that the childrens division?) JTL
XXX

     I don't suppose the really says much about the womans rights
movement in the Islamic counties.
Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone? Next: Re: [FT universe] was [URL] New Star and Campaign Maps