Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 15:29:33 -0700
Subject: Re: GZG List? FT Asteroids, anyone?

PCARON wrote:

> This is the GZG list, isn't it?  I wanted to read about some cool FT
stuff
> the past few days... so far I've been gett'n lots of mail but not much
of
> it seems to be GZG related.

XXX
     It would seem that there are multiiple small digressions from the
mainstream of the list.   JTL
XXXX

...Snip... JTL
> FT "Asteroids" game (you know, like the video game), only using the
full
> thrust rules and allowing starships to fire at and destroy asteroids
for
> points.  They can also fire at each other... but that isn't worth
> anything.  I'd like to have the big asteroids blow up into little ones
> moving at a higher rate but I want to keep the asteroids from flying
off
> the table.  I was thinking of having ships and asteroids "bounce" off
of
> the edge of the table but I'm not sure of how to handle the vectors
> without slowing game play down.
>
> It's a silly idea, but in a strange way, a FT "asteroids" scenario
sounds
> like it would be fun to try sometime.  Anyone have any suggestions on
> implementing the above?  Any comments welcome...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pete

Pete,
     How about the trite 'alien capture and test in the arena' scenario.
In this format you can easily cheat to keep the asteroids on the table.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish Next: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish