Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish. Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

From: "Alex Shvarts, Andrew & Brian Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 21:21:59 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

Jeff Lyon <jefflyon@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>NBC is still around, it's just that the Slammers are well equipped
enough
>to treat it as one more hazard of the battlefield.  If they weren't
they'd
>be out of business in a hurry.
    In the older stories, HS could throw NBC at opponents, but
themselves
were not protected against NBC. They had nuclear dampers, but these were
clearly expensive and weren't provided for all independent formations.
Some
of the older stories showed this.
    They had gas shells that could be fired from OPEN REAR howitzers,
but
armour and helmets that couldn't protect against gas.
    The story "Rolling Hot" is from 1989! I don't have this and so can't
comment. I do know from your's and Mikko's quotes that later stories
changed
some of HS's technology.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish. Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.