Prev: [GZG FT House Equipment] Next: Re: Best ship in FT2.0/FT2.5

Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

From: "Scott B. Jaqua" <jaqua@c...>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 08:38:10 -0700
Subject: Re: [semi OT] Women wargamers -longish

>d) The "she's just a girl" attitude. Now I know that many guys don't
>
>Maybe it's just my experience, but when I see a woman on the other side
>of the table I start watching for unconventional stuff that looks at
>first like it's stupid but really is something insidiously effective.
>It's very rare that I run into a woman who's going to be following
>conventional wisdom on tactics.
>
>John M. Atkinson

I know that my wife seems to do that. We played a demo of AEG's Clan War
at
the last con. This was my wifes first try at a simi traditional war
game.
The first thing she did was to wheel away from the force directly in
front
of her. A few turns later, one of the guys with archers on the other
side
got a little upset, because there was a forest blocking his line of
sight on
her unit. He had been setting that shot up for 4 turns. On turn 7 with
her
flank protected by the forest, she engaged the force across from her.
Before
this game my wife had only played board games, CCG's and RPG's.

Scott B. Jaqua
Systems Manager
Center Line Wheels, Inc.
http://www.centerlinewheels.com

Prev: [GZG FT House Equipment] Next: Re: Best ship in FT2.0/FT2.5