Prev: Re: [DS2]TD Design Next: Re: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)

Re: Miniature Wargaming can be HAZARDOUS to your health!

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 23:36:02 GMT
Subject: Re: Miniature Wargaming can be HAZARDOUS to your health!

On Wed, 09 Sep 1998 20:24:07 -0700, Michael Brown <mkkabrow@wco.com>
wrote:

>This spring I had two stiches in the web between my left thimb and
> finger... the Xacto knife slipped and went in about 1cm.  DON"T Cut
toward
> your hand!

When I trim, I cut towards my thumb in a paring motion. The control is
quite
good (at least for me). So how do I save my thumb from being cut to
ribbons? A
local store (Lee Valley Tools) sells green "tape." It's not really all
that
sticky to anything but itself, but it's a fairly thick mesh material. A
few
layers of that, and even an Exacto knife won't get through.

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: [DS2]TD Design Next: Re: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs)