Prev: RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs) Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

[MISC] alternative rules

From: "Tony Francis" <TONY@s...>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:04:29 +0000
Subject: [MISC] alternative rules

> > I am looking for something which:
> > a) is on the scale of DS2
> > b) has a mix of unit types (but not necessarily "design your own
vehicle"
> > because frankly, it takes effort to get the time to design a FTFB
class,
> > and I'm more interested in that than I am in ground action)
> > c) is quick and easy.
> > Essentially, I'm looking for the "De Bellis Antiquitas" of science
fiction
> > ground action.  Is there such a thing already, or do I need to
design it
> > myself and reap all the fame and wealth that would thereby accrue
> > to me ; )

Try Wessex Games' rules, can't remember the name off the top of my
head .. Steve Blease (the author) is on this list, I'm sure he can
tell you more.

They have plenty of pre-defined designs for GZG models, are simpler
than DSII (but not to the point of being no-brainer rules) and are quite

quick to pick up and play.

I remember, Iron Cow, that's what they're called (it's been a long week
...)

Tony Francis
(tony@simis.co.uk)

Brigade Models website
    http://www.uk-net.com/uk/freeweb/users/brigade

Prev: RE: Optional Core Systems Hits (was: Re: FB designs and SLMs) Next: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.