Prev: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...] Next: Re: GenCon UK mini-report [semi-OT I guess...]

Re: GZG OT Duck the tape

From: "Jared E Noble" <JNOBLE2@m...>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 1998 13:21:44 -0900
Subject: Re: GZG OT Duck the tape

Even outside the military some of us live off the stuff.  If I find a
near-empty roll of duct tape in my home I start to get a nervous tic.  I
have never owned a car that I could describe as "new", or even "nice"
for
that matter, and most of them have had some sort of patch made with the
miracle tape.  There is almost nothing it can't do...

Almost, that is...it does seem to suffer from 2 problems

1) It sucks for sealing ducts
2) I can't recommend it for glass that you want to see through after it
is
removed - it often leaves a mess behind.

Los <los@cris.com> on 09/08/98 01:46:11 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

To:   FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
cc:    (bcc: Jared E Noble/AAI/ARCO)

I don't know hwere all this sudden animosity for duct tape is coming
from, but in the military, we live off the stuff. I've been rigging
palletts, jump containers, web harnesses, whatever, with it for decades.
And as an occasional pit crewman for an touring class racing team, it's
come in handy for  field expedient body work too!

Los

Los