Prev: Re: Anti-armor mines! Next: RE: Chat Reminder

Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 08:14:57 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: GZG DS2 Mikko: Genres for DS2.

You wrote:

>    That's right. Would you play the same scenario ten times in a row
for a >game company? I wouldn't! I would just say, this _______ isn't
any good or >this is very good!

I couldn't--my opponents learn too fast for any scenario to get played
twice.	After the second time, we'd both know it too well to make any
screwups and the balance would be rapidly determined.

>    The WRG rules model the differences so indifferently, that most
players don't play in certain periods with some nationalities as they
know that certain combinations are ineffective, even though they were
effective in WWII. For example, early war German tanks can't destroy
French and English >tanks. Also, mid war German tanks can't destroy
Russian tanks.

Which, quite frankly, is such crap.  Any tank can kill any other.
Remember this.	I've seen the pictures of the Tiger taken out by 37mm.
And the only game I know which models this fact of warfare is Dirtside
II.  You pull the boom chit, the target is gone.  End of story.  Most
games don't have that option.  Also regards those mid-war German tanks,
PzIIIs _regularly_ scrapped T-34s.  Why?  Visibility out of the T-34s
was so bad that, in combination with piss-poor crew training, the
Germans generally could maneuver for flank and rear shots at close
range and get them before the Russians realized what was happening.

>    A GMS/H or GMS/3 that hits can spoil anyone's day. Be sure to
avoid >them! Play with lots of blocking terrain. Blind them with smoke.
Hit them >with mine fields fired from artillery. Call in aerospace

Buy decent ECM and PDS for the heavy tanks that are the main targets.
Or @()$&Q)@!_$*% #$ Reactive Armor.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Anti-armor mines! Next: RE: Chat Reminder