Prev: Re: Anti-armor mines! Next: Re: [DS2] Calling Aerospace

Re: Anti-armor mines!

From: SRKOALA@a...
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 00:48:37 EDT
Subject: Re: Anti-armor mines!

<< > 14 kilos for an antitank mine?  I would have expected them to be a
lot
 > bigger - but, I've never seen one outside of Twilight 2000.
Thankfully.
 >  Weren't there nuclear landmines, at one point?  Or were those just
the
 > Atomic Demolition Munitions?

  Noah,
      It is not necessary for the mine to 'destroy' the tank to be
 effective.   Any anti-tank mine than can 'lift' 60 tons 10 feet
 will effectively remove a tank from combat, even is the tank is
 not deatroyed.   (Tanks that have gone 'turtle on the back' are not
 considered a threat. >>

Hi,
I have done some work on Land Mines for MUN and there not that big,
afterall
they just have to blow a hole in the week under side of a tank, unless
you use
the missile-mines....
On the subject of mine detechion in SciAm (or is it PopSci) there is an
artical (spelling is not my strong point) on mine detection and it talks
about
bacteria feeding on explosive resadue, when it does this it glow in the
infrared spectrum.
Other points to cositer:
1) disarmorment, this won't affect short games, but in long games and
campagins it will be imported, no civi wants land mines laying around.
2) Comination mines, most new AT mines have an AP charge to "protect"
the AT
mine, this would play a major part in de-mining.
Bye  $.40
Stephen

Prev: Re: Anti-armor mines! Next: Re: [DS2] Calling Aerospace