Prev: Re: [FT OT] Satelittes, hundreds of them Next: Re: Anti-armor mines!

Re: Anti-armor mines!

From: John Leary <realjtl@s...>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 1998 21:33:01 -0700
Subject: Re: Anti-armor mines!

Noah Doyle wrote:

> 14 kilos for an antitank mine?  I would have expected them to be a lot
> bigger - but, I've never seen one outside of Twilight 2000.
Thankfully.
>  Weren't there nuclear landmines, at one point?  Or were those just
the
> Atomic Demolition Munitions?

 Noah,
     It is not necessary for the mine to 'destroy' the tank to be
effective.   Any anti-tank mine than can 'lift' 60 tons 10 feet
will effectively remove a tank from combat, even is the tank is
not deatroyed.	 (Tanks that have gone 'turtle on the back' are not
considered a threat.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [FT OT] Satelittes, hundreds of them Next: Re: Anti-armor mines!