Prev: Re: [DS2]GEVs Next: Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

Re: Another TD idea

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 23:14:57 +0100
Subject: Re: Another TD idea

At 08:37 03/09/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm glad I was finally able to spark off some DSII discussion.  I've
almost
>unsubscribed from the list because of the overwhelming FT stuff (which
>don't play), & the distinct lack of DSII messages.  I've seen a lot of
good
>ideas for TDs.  How about this for an extention of one of them.  Since
TDs
>are mostly a defensive vehicle, they get a 1 point upgrade to their
frontal
>armor, but a 1 point downgrade to their rear armor.  I don't know if
this
>would accurately reflect historical TD design.  From the little I know
about
>US & German WWII TDs, it probably wouldn't, but it would certainly
encourage
>the player to use them only in defence & not run them like light tanks.
>Nils

Nils,
	I think that rule would reflect German, Soviet and British
designs rather
well (although the British would have to have open top as well, the
Germans
might be). American TDs IIRC were virtually tanks but were open topped
and
mounted a silghtly better gun but it didn't make much of a difference in
combat. (This is from memory so no flames please). The British also used
American TDs and found that it was easier to upgrade the TDs rather than
Tanks to the 17pdr AT gun.
	Anyway I think your idea reflects most TD designs from WWII.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: [DS2]GEVs Next: Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!