Prev: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!! Next: Re: Another TD idea

Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 1998 07:53:45 -0600
Subject: Re: Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!!

Kenneth Winland wrote:

>	  Now the hard part; What scheme to paint them in?  Part of the
> decision is made for you (i.e. their helmets)... :)

	I thought about giving my troops blue helmets.	Then I thought
about
just how much of a BAD idea it is to paint what amounts to a big blue
"shoot me" sign on someone's noggin.  As much as I politically
disapprove of them in general, even I don't think the UN is THAT
stupid.  So I just went with with a basic brown motif, with red visor
slit (for that "Terminator" look) and black weapons with a silver
dry-brusing.  (I've just finish painting my first squad last night.)
Flock with "grass" and gravel (or in my case, kitty litter--clean, of
course), then liberally clear coat.
	I should be finished with them either late tonight or early
tomorrow.
I've learned the secret to painting a large number of similar miniatures
at GenCon.  First, get a bunch of tongue depressor.  Then, using a hot
glue gun, glue your figs to the stick.	You now can focus on all your
figs at once, instead of chasing them around your table, or spending the
same amount of time painting just one. When finished, just pull the
figure off the depressor and finish the miniatures' bases.
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	The foundation of collectivism is simple: There should be no
important
economic differences among people. No one should be too rich. No one
should be
too poor. We should "close the wealth gap."  This is a very powerful
idea.
This is a very common idea.  This is a very bad idea.

				     --P.J. O'Rourke
				       From his speech "Closing the
Wealth Gap"
				       Shanghai, China.  1997

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: [MIN] Finally got my 1st SGII Platoon!!! Next: Re: Another TD idea