Prev: Another TD idea Next: Re: Gauss Weapons

Re: Anti-armor mines!

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 10:44:24 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Anti-armor mines!

You wrote:

>Great! Crank up your ground-pen radar. Some of my smart mines
>detect it and fire small, HE anti-radar missiles. (They're small,

This is why any rules will have to be a bit abstract rather than deal
with the details of which sensors exactally and which countermeasures
exactally are used.

>but there's a bunch of them!) Now you're back to the grunt with
>the belt knife.

Yet again, I tell you three times, do NOT use metallic objects to
probe, do NOT use metallic objects to probe, do NOT use metallic
objects to probe.  This includes knives, bayonets, belt buckles, tanks,
weapons, radio antennas, or anything else which might possibly be
ferrous.  Go with wood or fiberglass or anything else which does not
influence magnetic fields.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Another TD idea Next: Re: Gauss Weapons