Prev: GZG DS2 SG2 TD: Tank Destroyers Design Next: [DS2] DS2 ADS Expansions

Re: GZG DS2: Murray Baines GEVs

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 1998 15:06:10 +1200
Subject: Re: GZG DS2: Murray Baines GEVs

Murray Baines <MBaines@vines.gems.gov.bc.ca> wrote:
>I think that double movement 30" disrupts the feel of the game. In DS
when
>a unit moves and you decide to interrupt and activate a platoon to fire
>upon it, when that is resolved the moving unit is free to do whatever
it
>pleases. With 30" of movement it is conceivable that you could run past
5
>unactivated units and only take fire from 1. An easy way to limit this
is
>to not allow 30" of movement, more complex methods may be desirable. I
>would not allow GEVs the ability to perform popups as someone
suggested.
>The difference between a GEV and VTOL is that a GEV lacks the power to
lift
>itself without the benefit of the skirt.
    The unit using Easy terrain is in travel mode, no combat actions
allowed! Before moving the unit, indicate to your opponent the course
and
the rough end point of movement, eg "I'm moving this unit in Travel
mode,
along this road over the open ground to the base of this hill here."
Feel
free to pre-measure distances to ensure that the unit can reach it's
desired
end point.
    If your unit travels within view of five (or any number! of)
unactivated
enemy units, your opponent can feel free to activate her unit/s as
desired
and blow your unit away! If your unit is still in fit condition to move,
they must still continue on to their destination. If they pass in front
of
another unactivated enemy unit, your opponent can interrupt yet again!
Does
the phrase "turkey shoot" seem appropriate?
    The double move in Easy terrain is not unbalancing!

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: GZG DS2 SG2 TD: Tank Destroyers Design Next: [DS2] DS2 ADS Expansions