Prev: DSII WWII Variant Questions Next: Nea Rhomaioi

RE: GZG DS2 SG2: Tank Destroyers.

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 00:13:31 +0100
Subject: RE: GZG DS2 SG2: Tank Destroyers.

Now ya done it,
	all this talk about tank destroyers has got me thinking. Here's
a couple
of ideas for fixed gun TD.

1) Front armour can be one factor more than size class. Side and rear
armour calculated as if front armour same as size class.

2) Cost of weapons mounted halved rounded up (ie HVC 4*class, DFFG
8*class).

3) Fire control costs halved (so much for stablisation).

4) GEV's with fixed guns may preform "pop-ups" (or any GEV for that
matter)
if they do not move.

5) If full cost is paid for a fixed gun then the TD is able to raise the
gun itself and fire the weapon. When shot at the TD counts as turrent
down.
(A few years ago the US Army was experimenting with a light tank that
mounted its main gun on a raisable platform outside of the hull.
Maintainence and recoil were I think problems).

	Well have a think about it.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au
	(whose thesis is due in 6 weeks by when he shall have no hair
left)

Prev: DSII WWII Variant Questions Next: Nea Rhomaioi