Prev: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities Next: Re: New TBMD Laser

Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 16:43:02 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movi

You wrote:

>True but I suppose she had to work a hell of a lot harder to win the
same >kind of respect a male officer would get.  Such is the way of the
world. >Whats the normal loadout of these people in any case?

Giving yourself injuries suffient to get medboarded out does NOT win
respect.  It makes you a laughingstock.  Knowing your limits is a far,
far better thing.  I don't know what MPs normally lug, but it can't be
that heavy--they do have Hummers organic to their unit.  And for
Christ's sake, a company commander never has to haul _that_ much.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: GZG DS2: Close Assault Oddities Next: Re: New TBMD Laser