Prev: Re: Proposed Chat Times for Yahoo GZG Club Next: Re: FT Political Geography w/ B5 Wars hexless vs EFSB?

Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies

From: Nathan Pettigrew <nathanp@M...>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 08:50:25 -0700
Subject: Meaning and origin of term I've heard in a few movies

Hello,

Was watching Event Horizon last night and kept hearing the crew use the
term
"five by five".  It seemed to indicate that everything is working fine.
thought that I've also heard the term in another SF movie (Aliens,
maybe?).
I was wondering if anyone out there could say what the term means (five
by
five what?) and where it came from.

Thanks,
Nathan

Prev: Re: Proposed Chat Times for Yahoo GZG Club Next: Re: FT Political Geography w/ B5 Wars hexless vs EFSB?