Prev: B5 Wars hexless vs EFSB? Next: Re: SG2, using jetbikes in stargrunt.

Re: FT Political Geography w/ B5 Wars hexless vs EFSB?

From: Doug_Evans/CSN/UNEBR@U...
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 1998 13:24:30 -0500
Subject: Re: FT Political Geography w/ B5 Wars hexless vs EFSB?

Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@indigo.ie> on 08/31/98 01:03:26 PM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 To:	  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

 Subject: Re: FT Political Geography

At 08:36 31/08/98 -0700, you wrote:

> Hello. In order to see this map right, you should view it in Courier,
or
some
> other rigidly spaced font.
>
> This is my opinion (roughly) of how the various major/minor nations
might
be
> laid out. As it's only two dimensional, it leaves a little bit to be
desired.
> The sizes of the chunks give a rough approximation of the nation's
holdings
> (except that core and inner colonies are too big - whaddayah want from
text
> map!)
>
> I put it in this format so everybody could give it a look and tell me
where I
> screwed up ;-)

The Kra'vak seem to be surround the entire human sphere!!  Bad news
indeed.
Where xactly would the Sa'vasku be located?  I had the impression they
were
somewhere between human and kra'vak space.

Good job in any case.

___________________
Niall Gilsenan,
DIT, Cathal Brugha St,
Dublin1,
Ireland

***I'm afraid I'm of the opinion that this is one case where the 2D map
doesn't do the 'real' world justice. Kra'vak could be around a major
part
of the circumference
of 'known space' without surrounding it. Ditto Sa'vasku. I would have
only
put a set of 'contact areas' on the map.

I always assumed that the 'new guys' were mysterious: home space for
each
unknown, forces currently faced merely scouting/probes.

Where did you hear that the new B5 Wars supplement is out? I would have
thought it would have showed at GenCon, and I was looking for it.

The_Beast***

Course, wouldn't have been the first time I missed the obvious... ;->=

Prev: B5 Wars hexless vs EFSB? Next: Re: SG2, using jetbikes in stargrunt.