Prev: RE: Proposed Chat Times for Yahoo GZG Club Next: Re: OT: WW2 sub-vs-sub followup

Re: Indy hits with Pulse Torps!! A mini game report... (long)

From: "I can only nod wisely, as if I knew what the hell was actually going on..." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:03:16 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Indy hits with Pulse Torps!! A mini game report... (long)

J Atkinson writes:

>and while John typically uses the Core System Rules, we opted not do
>(I really >personally don't like them much, think they tend to
>unbalance things; a friend
>
>Note--the unbalancing is generally in favor of the smaller ships, in my

>experience.  They tend not to have so much damage left over when the
>reactor core goes critical.  :)

Depends on your die rolling abilities.	;-)

>>the ships I was facing (just how MANY area defense ships were in
>there, for >example), I opted to be a bit more conservative. Thus also
>
>Four--I had three medium cruisers, two in escort config, and 1 in
>missle.  Both Jason's mediums were escort.  Unfortunately we broke
>formation and lost two mediums before the fighters attacked.

Four! Yikes!! I'm glad I took out the other two, then...

>>John got first shots on my lead destroyers, but failed to take one
>out. Then
>
>One damn point.

:-)

>>I'm not sure what shape their ships were left in by this point. But
>they >conceded that I took the victory )and moving away from me at
>
>Well, I had three cruisers in dry-dock shape, plus two gone, including
>the flagship.	Since we don't care about our allies, we won.  From the
>alliance standpoint, the alliance lost.  Jason broke off with what,
>half of his ships.

Something like that. I had busted on his cruisers pretty hard, but left
his escorts mostly alone. My fighters couldn't hit worth a damn, though
(guess that, combined with the crappy rolls for the Class-3 batts from
the NSL SDN, made up for the average hits with the p-torps?)

John L writes:

>     It would seem that the 'Spirit of Indy' visited the west coast
>for a while.	I had a force of NSL CAs with PTs as the primary
>weapon, John Fox promptly cleaned the board of my PT crusiers
>using NAC beam armed ships.   I had 14 shots, 3 hit for seven
>points in the 1st attack, 0 hit in the 2nd attack (needed 4s, rolled
>1 three and 3 twos), 0 hit in the 3rd attack (needed 3s, rolled 1 two
>and 3 ones).

Gee, those rolls sound REAL familiar!

>I am certain that your 'spirit' misses the east coast and wants to come
>home.	PLEASE, call it home!!!

No, I'm pretty sure it doesn't. I'm sure you can host it just fine out
there in Calif.  :-)  Thanks for taking care of it for me! I'll send
care and feeding instructions later...

Mk
-
I'm not giving in to security under pressure,
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure,
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams -
Experience to extremes...experience to extremes....
					   Rush - "The Enemy Within"

Prev: RE: Proposed Chat Times for Yahoo GZG Club Next: Re: OT: WW2 sub-vs-sub followup