Prev: RE: Modeling Solar Sail Ships Next: Re: /gzg/list: codes

Modeling Solar Sail Ships

From: "Mark A. Siefert." <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 16:40:23 -0600
Subject: Modeling Solar Sail Ships

Hello:
	OK, here's a tough one!
	I've been thinking of trying to create a fleet of solar sail
type
vessels. (Don't ask me why, we miniature gamers like to think of such
things.)  However, I've hit one snag:  How in the heck do I model the
actual "sail."	First I thought of using plastic wrap glued to a frame
of some sort, but I disarded that quickly because it was transpartent
and it would sag and look very sloppy.	Tin foil was my next thought.
But that's too heavy and would look horrible if wrinkled.  Mylar would
be best if I could find a way to make it fit snuggly against the model's
sail frame.  Does anyone have any thoughts?
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	The foundation of collectivism is simple: There should be no
important
economic differences among people. No one should be too rich. No one
should be
too poor. We should "close the wealth gap."  This is a very powerful
idea.
This is a very common idea.  This is a very bad idea.

				     --P.J. O'Rourke
				       From his speech "Closing the
Wealth Gap"
				       Shanghai, China.  1997

cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		 http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu/index.html
====

Prev: RE: Modeling Solar Sail Ships Next: Re: /gzg/list: codes