Prev: Re: [Mini] Refugees? Next: Re: GZG Players Club now online!!!

Re: Space tactics

From: Niall Gilsenan <ngilsena@i...>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 17:34:39 +0100
Subject: Re: Space tactics

At 21:35 21/08/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Richard Slattery wrote:
>
>...Snip...JTL
>> I deleted the mail where you did the a, b and c thing.... which one
>> was that?
>> In any case... I'd categorise myself as one who would rather see a
>> logical playable sensible reason that high speed passes are not a
>> good idea.
>... Snip...JTL
>
>Try this one,
>
>     The tactic is not interesting or fun!
>
>Bye for now,
>John L.

The ship combat in the Renegade Legion Universe did include high speed
passes.  You just let the computer handle it.  Now since most of the FT
ship combat seems to be a combination of human judgement and computer
accuracy (at least with beam weapons), high speed passes become either
impossible or ineffective at best.

As John said if its not in the spirit of the game then don't do it.
Space
the rules lawyers.

Prev: Re: [Mini] Refugees? Next: Re: GZG Players Club now online!!!