Prev: Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments Next: [GZG] Re: GZG List Code proposal.

Re: Space map Question

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:03:43 -0400
Subject: Re: Space map Question

jeremy claridge wrote:
> Has anyone got or knows where to get a picture of the milky way
> with a big arrow saying you are here. (i.e. the solar system)
> I can take it it won't fry my brain to see myself alongside the
> whole of our galaxy :)
> I don't want those pictures which are all lines and dots marking
> stars. I'd like one of those nice representations showing the
> spiral arms and giving some indication of our location within it :)
> Is that just too much to ask?

	No, it's not too much to ask.

	Alas, the web site with the goodies is no longer there.
	Go to the library and see if you can get the following
	book, perhaps with an inter-library loan:

	The Guide to the Galaxy
	Henbest & Couper, Cambridge 1994, ISBN 0-521-45882-X

	It has several maps, up to and including the entire
	galaxy, with the sun's position indicated.

	There was a web site with the maps digitized, but
	it's gone.  Phooey.

Prev: Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments Next: [GZG] Re: GZG List Code proposal.