Prev: Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments Next: Re: Space map Question

Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:18:13 -0500
Subject: Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments

Los spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> Thomas Barclay wrote:
>
> > The points raised by Allan are fairly valid though. There is no
> > morale effect for overall casualties, just for new ones received.
> > This negates the cumulative effects of shock, loss, and stress
caused
> > by seeing buddies dying. Even if I saw one guy I served with killed
> > every day for a week, it would chew my morale down. Also, there is
no
> > concept (and this is something we've wrestled with in AD&D
> > Battlesystem and other systems) of formation morale. As Allan said,
> > you can have half your platoon dead in front of you, but if they
> > aren't in your squad, you can stick till the cows come home.
> >

> Another factor is the time in which you take casualties. A platoon
> taking ten casualties over the space of an hour has a better chance of
> driving on than one that suffers them all within one minute.

True, but that is covered in the rules to a point in the how many
casualties have I suffered this round factor....

So if we had modifiers for losses from before the battle (which can
arguably be setup factors determining scenario morale and motivation
levels), losses within the battle (the ones that don't currently
exist - maybe with TL modifiers for the extent of the loses as allan
suggested) and the momentary losses modifiers the rules gives us,
we'd have a pretty good coverage of the casualty issues.

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Stargrunt 2 Morale Questions and Comments Next: Re: Space map Question