Prev: Re: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: Space map Question

[GZG] Re: GZG List Code proposal.

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:59:58 +0200
Subject: [GZG] Re: GZG List Code proposal.

Mk. wrote:

> Query: maybe I ask this through naitivity about various mail programs,
but
> don't most, if not all, mail utilities at least tell you from whom the
mail
> message(s) is/are from? In our case here, from the FTGZG listserver.
Doesn't
> this make the 'GZG' entry in the subject header redundant?

No, not all mail programs are able to sort incoming messages from the
"from" address. My is able to, usually... except that some people seem
use strange versions of the "to" address, or something - a few list
members (always the same ones - I'll try to remember to tell you who you
are the next time you post) fall between the sorting mechanisms.

Because of this, I'd very much like a [GZG] header. The other mailing
lists I'm on do this automatically (...OK, it *does* look a bit strange
with [Chipco] Re: [Chipco] Re: etc, but most of the time it doesn't go
that far <g>), which is a great help - because people do forget. Jon
(W.), can the FT list server do the same thing? That leaves only the
specific headers to us (and our faulty memories)...

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: GZG List Code proposal. Next: Re: Space map Question