Prev: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs Next: RE: GZG List Code proposal.

RE: GZG Players Club now online!!!

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:40:11 +0100
Subject: RE: GZG Players Club now online!!!

> I think, (and it's my own opinion and I don't want to annoy anyone!)
>that FAQ's tend to get asked and sometimes answered on the
>mailing list.

Alternatively wind up the mailing list and move to a BBS
forum entirely this would have some advantages:

 o More permanent record of what happened

 o Standard intro page for newbies

 o Better threading of discussions

 o No load on the Bolton list-server

 o No admin load for JW

 o No 250 emails to wade through if you go off sick for 5 days

 o Able to post binary attachments to BBS

 o No cost reading stuff you don't want to.

 o Better partitioning of topics / subjects

The disadvantages would be:

 o No access for non web users (there are some)

 o Maybe more spam (perhaps)

tim jones
--------

Prev: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs Next: RE: GZG List Code proposal.