Prev: Re: Space tactics Next: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:43:15 +0200
Subject: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs

Barton T. Anderson wrote:

> Can Fighter Screens be used against SLM salvos?

Yes. But you mean SML salvoes <g>

>  The description on Pg. 6 of
> the FB seems to indicate that they're only effective against other
fighters,

No - it says that the fighter screen is intended as a protection against
other fighters. It *can* be used against missiles, but isn't
particularly
good at it.

> but elsewhere on that page it states that fighters can (generally)
intercept
> missiles, too.

The SML rules on page 9 specifically state that screening fighters *can*
engage, and sometimes even shoot down, salvo missiles. I think they take
precedence over the (vague) fighter rules in this case <g>

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Space tactics Next: Re: Fighter Screens vs SLMs