Prev: Re: FT513 Assembly Next: Re: Modern Question

Re: Modern Question

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:24:04 +0100
Subject: Re: Modern Question

>Urm. . . Stupid question, I'm sure, but. . .
>
>Next Monday, myself and my usual DSII partner are doing some modern
>battles.  No problem-there are plenty of conversions of US and USSR
>stuff on various pages.  Catch is that I'm borrowing his modern stuff,
>and all he's got other than the Russians he's using is some British
>stuff.  I figure for the Challenger I'd just use the same stats as
>M-1A1, not enough different at DSII level of granularity to make a
>difference.  The question I have is with the Brit IFV, Warrior, IIRC.
>
>The stats given for the Bradley on this web page are as follows:
>M2A2 BRADLEY (APC)
>MEDIUM vehicle (class 3), FAST TRACKED AMPHIBIOUS mobility, CFE power,
>Armour 3 (maybe R), 1 x RFAC/1 in Turret with BASIC FireCon, 1 x GMS/L
>with BASIC Guidance, 1 x APSW, Capacity for 2 Infantry Teams
>Basic/Effective Signature 3 (D8) POINTS VALUE 130
>
>What difference, if any, would there be in the stats for Warriors?

The Warrior doesn't have a GMS. Don't know what its armour level is, but
I'd guess maybe 2 rather than 3, and probably not R. The cannon is,
IIRC, a
30mm (Rarden?), so RFAC-1 or 2 could be argued - maybe make it a 2 to
compensate for no GMS?

Jon (GZG) - who is rusty on moderns at the moment (too much SF to think
about) and may well be wrong!