Prev: Re: Terror Next: Re: Map the FT Universe

Re: The World of 2185

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 01:25:49 +0100
Subject: Re: The World of 2185

At 19:33 12/08/98 +0100, you wrote:
>One point.  How important is Earth really?  Apart from cultural
reasons.
>The LLAR seems to do OK with no territories on Earth.	Israel too.
>--------------------
>Niall Gilsenan,

	My feeling is that Earth still has a major role to play. The
populations
for off world colonies might not be that large yet but because of this
some
might be intensively developed, particularly with industry if there aint
much in the way of native life about (nothing for thr Greenies to
complain
about. Besides the onlt native lifeform might be a slug which is pretty
hard to get all sorry about when compared to a baby seal).
	For the smaller nations who probably haven't had the money to
move much
industry off Earth. Earth then remains for them a major producer.
(Polynesia probably aint gonna do much for the OU in that respect unless
we
can get the locals to give up their minerals peacefully unlike
Bouganville
where the poor bastards got cheated). In all cases, for all nations,
territory on Earth would have major political/kudos value.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: Terror Next: Re: Map the FT Universe