Prev: Map the FT Universe Next: Re: FT High Speed (was GenCon Review)

Fwd: Printed works of future combat

From: <PsyWraith@a...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:03:58 EDT
Subject: Fwd: Printed works of future combat

In a message dated 8/13/98 6:29:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk writes:

> Hello people
>
>  Can anyone let me know of any books with either Full Thurst ship to
>  ship combat or DS2 style combat. I've read some Hammers Slammers
>  stuff and was just wondering what else existed.
>  Please bear in mind I'm looking for background material and written
>  examples of how authors see space and future ground combat.
>  So I'm not into character interaction and complicated plots. I'm
>  looking for detailed descriptions of combat and tactics.
>
>  Many thanks
>
>  (you can mention any books, working for a london university library
>  service does give me more scope to obtaining rare books.)
>
>  ----------------------
>  jeremy claridge
>  jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

A few of my personal favorites:

Roland Green
	Peace Company, The Mountain Walks, Those Green Foreign Hills
	The Starcruiser Shennandoah -series (6 books I believe) to
include
	 Squadron Alert.

Robert Frezza
	A Small Colonial War, Fire In A Faraway Place

David Weber
	Crusade, Insurrection, In Death Ground (all based in the
Starfire universe)
	The Honor Harrington -series to include On Basilisk Station and
A Short
	Victorious War.

Hope those are of some help.

Chris Ruhl
SGT, US Army
A Company, 9th PSYOP Battalion (Airborne)

Prev: Map the FT Universe Next: Re: FT High Speed (was GenCon Review)