Prev: Re: Printed works of future combat Next: Re: Printed works of future combat

Re: No longer Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:39:22 -0500
Subject: Re: No longer Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4

Oerjan spake thusly upon matters weighty:
 Try fighting a large battle in SFB, for example
> (although SFB have a lot of other features that slow the game down
> as well, of course).

Having fought at least 1 18,000 BPV battle in SFB (hoo boy what a
battle), I think the other rules got in the way as you say. But I'm
not sure that fire during movement is a bad idea. Frankly, having an
inability to do this is a rather annoying limitation. It would slow
the game somewhat, but it does elimintate some rather glaringly
unlikely maneovres. Just how long do we think it takes modern weapons
to inflict damage? If we assume that fire represents a miniscule
portion of the time in a turn, then you don't have to be in-arc,
in-range for long to engage. But the inability to fire during
movement seems to preclude this in certain situations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suffering munchkinism. But I find the
move-fire system simpler, but NOT more elegant because of the
tactical constraints it forces upon you.

Tom.

Prev: Re: Printed works of future combat Next: Re: Printed works of future combat