Prev: Re: FT: Pushing past Thrust limits Next: Re: GenCon 98 FT Tournament Fleets

Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@n...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:09:58 +0200
Subject: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

John Atkinson wrote:

> You wrote:
>
> >John, it's not useful only for turning around 180 degrees - it is
> useful >for any vector change. Most of the time the thruster push
won't

> Who in their right mind wishes to face away from the enemy in order to

> increase speed?

Anyone who needs to get away fast, or has broadside-mounted weapons - as
many of my designs have. With broadside designs (GW Imperials, Renegade
Legion Leviathans, etc), it is *very* stupid to face the enemy <g>

>  I use pulse torps, and so if I think I MIGHT be within
> 30 inches during a turn I have to face directly at the enemy fleet.

Start using multiple-arc Pulse Torps, then. FTFB, p.7.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@nacka.mail.telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FT: Pushing past Thrust limits Next: Re: GenCon 98 FT Tournament Fleets