Prev: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article) Next: Re: TO&E for the major forces

Re: Background List Proposal (Re: Other Forces)

From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@v...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 08:02:11 -0600
Subject: Re: Background List Proposal (Re: Other Forces)

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:29:10 -0700 (PDT), Brian Burger writes:
>Count this as one vote _against_ the proposed 'GZG Geopolitics' list -
>count background as vital to any game, including SciFi games. If you
don't
>like background/political speculation, learn to use your 'Delete' key.
>
>Tech level/play style and background are so tightly intertwined that
they
>really can't be seperated - and in SciFi gaming, we're inventing the
tech
>- so we have to invent the background to justify it. (Traveller's use
of
>sandcasters instead of Star-Trek style shields is the best example I
can
>think of, off the top of my head)
>
>I think we'd all be poorer for splitting the list like this.

Since Jon has said that this discussion is on topic and something he
likes to see, I'm now against the split.  Please take this as a
withdraw of my list offer.

-=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
=-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
-=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html 	 -Morrow Quotes
   =-=
=-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit
   -=-

Prev: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article) Next: Re: TO&E for the major forces