Prev: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article) Next: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 10:17:31 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998, John Atkinson wrote:

> Classic reducto ad absurdum.	It's fun, easy, and still was a fallacy
> last time I checked.

It is fallacy only wrt "*must* lead to X", not wrt "CAN lead to X".

> Realistically, measuring two ships and putting down two dice during
the
> plotting phase isn't going to slow you down that much.  Seems to me
> you're looking to poke holes in the rules.  Fine.  If that gives you
> pleasure, so be it.  But people who play like that don't play with me.

> Since I'm usually the one running the game, I can throw assholes out.

> If not, I throw myself out.  I deal with assholes at work, and I
refuse
> to do so on my spare time.  Mini-maxing, rules-lawyering jackasses
like
> the members of this list frequently discuss come under the heading of
> "People I don't permit at my gaming table".  See also: Persons with
> little to no comprehension of deoderant.  Gaming is a social leisure
> activity.  If I'm not having fun through interacting with other
people,
> there ain't much of a point in continuing to do so.

Strange. Everytime I try to raise discussion on possible rules abuses,
eventually I get accused of actually using them in a game (I'll ignore
the
deodorant bit). Aw shuck, I give up.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: FT Munchkins (Re: Mars #2 FT article) Next: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)