Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: GZG Chat Information

Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:39:04 -0400
Subject: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

John Atkinson chortled:
> As well as being misleading as hell if you know how to use them right.

> Yesterday I played 3 games, 2 with vector, one cinematic.  My opponent

> started marking my ship's presumed locations too.  So I decided to
take
> advantage of it.  On the vector one that I won by a wide margin, I
> accelerated quite a bit and swung around, ending up behind the enemy
> fleet facing it, while they were facing away from me.

It helps if you mark A) next position without acceleration; then B) next
position with max acceleration (bearing in mind thrust can be in any
direction).

BTW it looks like you can have a max thrust of 11 under vector rules.
"How?" you ask.  Thrust 8, burn 1 of your extra 4 maneuver points to
rotate
90 degrees, then push port (or starboard) with the remaining 3 maneuver
points.  Or execute the same steps in reverse order.  It's not logical
(the
8 Thrust should occupy the entire length of the turn, so you don't have
extra time to push in the same direction) but it is, insofar as I can
tell
and until the amendment I feel sure Jon will add about 30 seconds after
reading this, legal.

Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: GZG Chat Information