Prev: Re: Other Forces Next: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations

Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

From: agoodall@s... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:36:34 GMT
Subject: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4)

On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:04:56 -0600, dean.gundberg@bcbsnd.com wrote:

> This is one area (and there are others) that we could have been more
clear on
> in the Tournament rules.  Next year may have a floating table, at the
least
> it will be discussed.  With the experience we gained from this year's
> tourney, next year we will improve on these areas now that we have a
better
> idea what to expect.

Considering this was our first time, the tournament played reasonably
well. I
have no problems keeping the table static (i.e. not floating). It tends
keep speeds down to more managable levels and stops more arguments than
it
causes (for instance, what if the fleets are spread out and you CAN'T
float
the table because it would push the fleet on the other side of the table
out
of bounds?). Sure, in space there are no speed or battlefield limits,
but
there ARE limits on fuel that we don't worry about. I can live with a
finite
battlefield as an abstraction of fuel usage.

It's something to consider, though, including the move to FT2.5 rules
and/or
vector movement (I like the idea of having an FT2 and an FTFB
tournament,
actually).

Allan Goodall	       agoodall@sympatico.ca

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: Other Forces Next: Re: Marking extrapolated ship locations