Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: Other Forces

Marking extrapolated ship locations

From: jatkins6@i... (John Atkinson)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 13:30:21 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Marking extrapolated ship locations

You wrote:

>A man after my own heart. The people I used to play with thought it
was >funny when I put dice out there to mark all the possible locations
of >their dreadnoughts.  But the dreadnoughts usually took a beating.

As well as being misleading as hell if you know how to use them right.
Yesterday I played 3 games, 2 with vector, one cinematic.  My opponent
started marking my ship's presumed locations too.  So I decided to take
advantage of it.  On the vector one that I won by a wide margin, I
accelerated quite a bit and swung around, ending up behind the enemy
fleet facing it, while they were facing away from me.  Crunch.	On the
cinematic, I cut speed when they were expecting me to speed up, and
evaded an entire salvo of SMLs, plus their battle line was at an
average range of 3 inches from mine.  Against a largely pulse torpedo
armed opponent, this is a BAD idea.  I lost the other vector, but that
was just a little 500 point destroyer skirmish.  :)

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: GenCon Review with a GZG Emphasis (part 3 of 4) Next: Re: Other Forces