Prev: Re: Maps of teh FT universe Next: Tugs and Tenders, example of shipdesign based on new and modified rules

Re: Other Forces

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:30:38 -0700
Subject: Re: Other Forces

Steve Pugh wrote:

> The Portugal and Britain thing isn't much in evidence these days.
> Portugal would almost certainly stay in the EC if Britain left. So we
> can leave them in the EC until circa 2100 when the
> NSL/FSE/Netherlands split occurs. What they do then is anyone's
> guess. I'd favour them staying in the FSE, with going it alone the
> next choice. Joining the NAC is unlikely.

Well that shouldn't be a problem since My FT/DS/SG gaming starts at
around 2180, (not into ancient history <g>) however I disagree with you
saying Portugal joining up with England is unlikely.

> 1. Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, all the bits from Yugoslavia.
> These could be RH, FSE, NSL or even IF for some of the more southerly
> ones.

Croatia and Slovenia going to NSL perhaps?

> 2. Where exactly are the IF/PAU and IF/ESU borders? And how fluid are
> they? I'm assuming that the borders won't follow modern national
> lines but would follow the areas with predominatly Muslim population.

I think the white areas on your Map, the ones between PAU and IF flow
nicely with teh struggle between these two powers in these border
regions for the hearts and minds of these peoples. Leave them in
"contention."

> 3. Is Taiwan still independent?

I would imagine that Tawain and the ESU wiould have "had it out" by the
time your map was drawn, which puts them either firmly in the ESU camp,
or in the same situation as Japan.

Hey what about Martha's Vinyard?

Los

Prev: Re: Maps of teh FT universe Next: Tugs and Tenders, example of shipdesign based on new and modified rules